Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cheese.

My host parents and I talk about cheese a lot.  Debates about whether hard cheese or soft cheese is better, whether the cheese we just ate tastes more like nuts or more like herbs, etc.  And tonight we had raclette (a traditional Swiss dish of melted cheese and potatoes and such, but different than fondue in its preparation) so there was all kinds of opportunities to talk about cheese.  I like when conversation turns to food...that's a universal language for me!  It's easy enough to say "Oui, j'aime bien!" or "Non, n'est pas plus bon que l'autre." or my personal favorite: "J'aime tout le frommage!"  I am well aware that grammatically these may not all be accurate,  but it gets the point across.

Today's "wine hike" in St. Saphorin (a 20 minute train ride from Nyon)



TOMORROWTOMORROWTOMORROWTOMORROW.
Tomorrow I go to Ireland to see JENN.  I am beyond excited.  I am like the dog, getting all wiggly at the idea.  It's a little embarrassing.  Today a few of us went on a day hike with stops along the way for wine tasting (I swear, it's programmed into the hike.  I'm not lying!) and all I could talk about was a) how gorgeous the view was and b) how excited I was to go visit Jenn.

SO.  EXCITED.



P.S.  The internet is loving me today, so I added some pictures to old blogs.  Feel free to check it out if you're so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment